Ten Forward

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Who Could Geordi La Forge Beat?  (Read 250 times)

Deafula

• View Profile
Who Could Geordi La Forge Beat?
« on: February 05, 2016, 03:20:12 PM »

Bob and another one of my coworkers have filled the long, boring hours on some of our gigs recently with a game called "Who Could Geordi La Forge Beat?" It seems they were reminiscing about the Armus episode of the Next Generation and it became obvious that with the mere removal of his visor, he's basically useless in combat. The game is quite addictive and of course many others (including myself) have joined in at this point.

So far we've determined that he could beat most sitcom children, Elmo, Dr. Smith from Lost in Space (although Bob was not convinced of that one entirely), but otherwise we've had a hard time finding fictional characters that Geordi could defeat. Leaving out any other significantly handicapped characters (i.e. paralyzed or blind people who have no powers or enhancements), who do you think Geordi could beat?

Gunslinger

• Administrator
  • Now it's dark.
    • View Profile
Re: Who Could Geordi La Forge Beat?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 07:48:02 PM »

Steve Urkel definitely. Stefan not so much.

Crowtista

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 02:27:51 AM »

He was not Scotty when it came to fighting, that's for sure. He did finally get ocular implants in First Contact, but before that he would suck in a fight. He could beat up most girls and children, but ALF could probably kick his ass.

Deafula

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 11:12:38 AM »

He was not Scotty when it came to fighting, that's for sure. He did finally get ocular implants in First Contact, but before that he would suck in a fight. He could beat up most girls and children, but ALF could probably kick his ass.

Actual girls, yes, but I think most adult women would also think to go for the eyes. Again, just watch the Armus episode, he withers like a dying flower as soon as he can't see.

Crowtista

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 05:58:29 PM »

True although it could be because his VISOR cost a million bucks and he was freaking out about breaking it. But the point stands. Grab his expensive glasses and he's yours. Poor Geordi, such an easy target.

Gunslinger

• Administrator
  • Now it's dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 10:46:33 AM »

If I remember correctly, wasn't he essentially brainwashed via his visor connectors be an enemy a few times?