Ten Forward

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: My Jams of 2015  (Read 267 times)

Gunslinger

• Administrator
  • Now it's dark.
    • View Profile
My Jams of 2015
« on: January 27, 2016, 08:36:01 PM »

2015 was a terrible year in music for me. Everything I was looking forward to album-wise was a dud, with maybe 1 or 2 songs at the most of any quality. Here are the singles that made the cut, with only a few albums standing out for me.

Madeon - You're On (Featuring Kyan)
I've loved Madeon since his 'Pop Culture Mashup' a few years ago and his first full album of original music was pretty great with this song standing out.

Purity Ring - Begin Again
After an amazing debut album, this song from their sophomore release was the only one to resonate with me at all.

Tamaryn - Cranekiss

Blonde Redhead - Dripping
Barragan was yet another album where only one song said anything to me.

Fallout 4 Main Theme - Ion Zur

The Makeup and Vanity Set - Wilderness
My third favorite album of the year, I fell in love with the Makeup and Vanity Set when they created the score for the short film 88:88 a few years ago. Very Daft Punk-ish in some ways.

The Morelings - Too Far
I want to create a short film just to include this.

Star Wars - The Force Awakens Trailer Music
When the vocals kick up at 0:58 and the Falcon flies by, I'm done.

Blake Neely - The Flash
It's no secret I love the Flash tv show on the CW and the amazing, fun and energizing score by Blake Neely is a big part of it. Great to work out to as it gets you going.

As villain themes go, Captain Cold has one of the best.

Seasurfer - Dive In
I'm always looking for new shoegaze music and this 2014 album from german group Seasurfer came out of nowhere to become my second favorite album of the year. The third song on the album, 'Hide' is probably my favorite song of the year. The reverb and echo are perfect.

I can't locate my favorite track on Youtube or Vimeo, so lets see if Soundcloud embeds.
https://soundcloud.com/nothingbuthopeandpassion/seasurfer-hide

Fireworks

My favorite album this year, without a doubt it Tom Holkenborg's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD. From beginning to end a masterpiece.

Tha standout track has to be 'Storm is Coming.' Such a perfect mix of visuals and sound, this track begins when Nux, who has been driving backwards, spins his car around to reveal the wall of death approaching. Every characters face reacts to what they are about to smash into and the combination is glorious.

Crowtista

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My Jams of 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 09:52:35 AM »

I agree that Mad Max was the best soundtrack of the year. Looking forward to the rest. I forgot that Makeup and Vanity Set put out a new one this year.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 09:54:19 AM by Crowtista »